Saturday 8 May 2010

I'm slowly getting there

Okay, so I haven't posted anything for a while. Naughty me. Slap on the hand. I have been spending most of my time supporting Amy in the care of our new little one, namely Mia. This has meant that time in the garden has taken a backseat. Mia is now four months old now. How the time has flown! I have done bits and bobs here and there. On the patio at the moment I have tomatoes. Only two of the original five that I planted have survived. I am thinking that maybe the compost has something to do with it. The plants germinated then soon after just wilted and died.

I also have Chillis, three this year, runner beans, sunflowers, coriander times 2 and lots of cauliflower seedlings given to me by my kind neighbour Paula.

In the plot I have mini sweetcorn, which I have to say, is looking a little yellow. I'm not sure what is going on there. At least the slugs haven't done too much damage, just a little nibble here and there.

In the raised bed I have lettuce and spinach and in the remaining plots I have dwarf french beans and onions. So on the face of it I haven't done too badly with my limited time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails