Wednesday 14 January 2009

Time to start thinking about what to grow

Greetings to 2009!

I found this excellent article about what to grow in February. I will get an early start as last year I left things a little late. Definites for February are:
Broad beans(Trudi has given me some seeds. Thanks!)
Potatoes(I didn't grow these last year)
Garlic(grown in my 'trough' or maybe a large pot)

My raised bed is currently home to a number of purple sprouting brocolli plants that I planted last year. Some of these little fellas have suffered trampling damage by those annoying foxes, who have by now become completely immune to the sonic fox scarer. I am hoping that one or two plants will survive. Fingers-crossed on that one.

In the next few weeks I need to start preparing the growing beds.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails