Tuesday 17 June 2008

Raised bed has arrived

The raised bed kit arrived yesterday. I have been wondering where to put it so devised a cunning plan by drawing a scale plan of the garden using Google Sketchup. It is free you download and once you get the hang of it, very easy to use.

On the plant front, the beans continue to do well. The lone garlic has been assaulted and is looking a little worse for wear. I have been researching on the Internet and will likely purchase some insect mesh to provide total protection for my veggies.

This evening I sowed some borage in my herb trough next to my runner beans. They are a great companion plants for beans because they attract bees. I also sowed some basil, so the herb garden is going well.

I have managed to give away all but one of my chili plants. We now have a little plant swap going on at work. Today I was given six little tomato plants which are now sitting in their own pots.

Trudi's pumpkins now have a nice roomy pot to live in. So this evening I have been busy busy!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails