Thursday 17 July 2008

No more basil

I went out this morning to see how the crops were doing. The small basil plants have gone or at least that's what I though at first. Upon closer inspection the stalks are there but all the leaves have been eaten. This is odd because the plants were under a empty yoghurt pot for protection. One of the adjoining runner beans had signs of a slug trail so I guess these are to blame. I can only assume that eggs have been laid under the soil and the little tiny slugs have come up and had a feed.

At the back things aren't looking good for the borage. The two that I didn't cover have been partially eaten and the one under cover is looking rather unhealthy. My nematodes arrived last week so I think today is the day to apply them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails